On September 15, 2022 the Board of Administration for the Free Methodist Church in Southern California (FMCSC) gathered at Light & Life Christian Fellowship, Downey for their bi-monthly scheduled meeting. Highlights of the meeting included:
- Collaborating with the Pacific Coast Japanese Conference (PCJC) for Annual Conference 2023
- Appreciation for Foothill Community Church hosting the Justice Network Summit September 8-10.
- Reviewing and approving changes to policies
- Approving additions to the board to fill vacancies
- Support for new and ongoing ministries locally and abroad
For a complete accounting of the meeting and to see how the Board of Administration is working to support the work of our local churches, please click here.
About the Board of Administration
The Board of Administration (commonly called the BOA) functions as the standing administrative committee of the conference between Annual Conference seatings. Their focus is to create and manage policy of the entire conference within the limits of the Book of Discipline. As with all Free Methodist Church leadership, the board is composed of an equal number of ministerial and lay (non-ordained) leaders.